You may be wondering what you can do to help or support others during the coronavirus. Here are some ideas about finding paid work or volunteering:
Hospitals and healthcare providers are currently actively recruiting to a number of roles including nursing, allied health professionals, healthcare assistants, support workers, administrative and facilities staff.
Find out more on myCareer.
Visit the university’s new volunteering pages to see how you can volunteer to help others during the COVID-19 crisis. Local opportunities include Worcestershire Acute Hospitals, NHS volunteer responders, Worcester Foodbank, and blood donations.
Keep yourself safe when helping
- Let family and friends know what you’re doing.
- Support family, friends and neighbours by phone or video call.
- Stay at least two metres – about three steps – away from people you’re helping.
- Offer to run errands for people but stay outside of people’s homes.
- Keep washing your hands often for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t take on too much – it’s often better not to offer at all than to let someone down.
- If you’re trying to help someone with very serious issues – don’t be afraid to flag with appropriate statutory services.
Let us know what you’re doing
We’d love to hear about all the ways in which students and staff are helping out at this time. Share your stories on social media using the hashtags #TeamWorc #Volunteering or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.