Support Update For Students Who Potentially Have AD(H)D

If you are waiting for an NHS assessment for AD(H)D and have a working diagnosis of AD(H)D from your GP, or another medical professional, then you may now be eligible for Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) support.

A working diagnosis is when your GP believes that a diagnosis is likely, but the relevant specialist hasn’t confirmed the diagnosis yet. A referral for an NHS assessment doesn’t necessarily equate to a working diagnosis.

To be able to claim DSA you will need a letter from your GP/medical professional that clearly states that it is a working diagnosis and what the impact of your symptoms has been on your ability to study.

For more information please email