Your Student ID card

Your student ID card is your official proof that you are a student of University of Worcester.

All students based in Worcester will be issued with a physical identity card and you must carry this with you when you are on campus. You will also use it as proof of ID for exams, trips, sports events and for visits to firstpoint. If you are not based at Worcester, there is a virtual ID card you can access through MyDay.

If you are a new student and haven’t collected your ID yet, please visit firstpoint and make sure you bring either a drivers licence or passport. You can check our opening hours on the firstpoint webpages.

Do you know that your student card has other uses, as well as proof of ID?

Printing or photocopying
Once you have sent your document to print, you can scan your ID card on the campus or library printers. This will bring up your account, show your printing credit and allow you to choose the documents you want to print. It is a similar process if you want to photocopy; simply scan your card before you start. You can add printing credit to your card with debit or credit cards at the kiosks next to the printers, but please be aware that unused credit cannot be refunded.  It’s currently not possible to top-up your account on campus using cash.

Using the Library
Your student card is also your library card, when you want to borrow books and other resources at The Hive. With your student ID card, you can borrow up to 27 books from The Hive and also all Worcestershire County Council libraries. Students can borrow 3 short loan books (with orange labels), 12 high demand booked (with blue labels) and 12 other items. For more information about library resources, email: and the Academic Liaison Librarians will be happy to help.

Photo of the Hive building

If you live in university accommodation, your ID card is often used to get access to your building.  Most buildings will have activation points at the front entrance, but you can always visit Security at the St John’s Campus and they can update your access as required.  If you still have a temporary access card, please make sure you return it or you will be issued with a fine.

Accessing buildings on campus
If your lectures are based in a building which has restricted access, such as the Art House or Jenny Lind, your card can be enabled to give you specific access, as is appropriate.  You can also have 24-hour access to the Peirson Building added to your card, so you’ll be able to do some late night studying!  Visit Security at the St John’s Campus to have additional building access added to your card.

The Art House, the Jenny Lind Building and the Peirson Study & Guidance Centre 24-hour door

What if my card stops working or I have lost it?
If you card stops working with no sign of damage, please bring it to us at firstpoint so that we can advise accordingly.

Loss or damage will result in a £10 replacement fee.  Replacement cards can be ordered and paid for on the Student Card Replacement webpage.  Once you have completed the online process, you can visit the firstpoint counter and we will print the card while you wait.

Before you purchase a replacement card, check with us in case it has been handed in.  If your card been stolen, please bring a crime reference number and there will be no charge for a replacement.