We have been advised by the police that the River Severn has now risen to the point where it may become necessary to close the Sabrina Footbridge. The situation is being kept under close review.
Anyone who needs to cross the river on foot this evening or tomorrow morning may wish to avoid Hylton Road and instead walk into St John’s via Henwick Road and then use the Road Bridge via New Road. Suggested walking routes are also detailed on the attached map.
The flood barriers have now been installed on Hylton Road. The barriers are located directly outside the University of Worcester Arena and will prohibit traffic travelling between the Arena and the traffic lights outside the McDonalds on Tybridge Street.
We will continue to keep staff and students updated through the following channels if there is new information:
- All student and staff emails
- Regular updates to our website
- Posts on our official social media channels, including Facebook and Twitter
- Posts on the firstpoint blog
You can also find useful information on the following websites:
- Flood warnings (Environment Agency: Flood warnings)
- Worcester News (Local travel updates)
- Worc Highways & Travel Twitter (Official Worcestershire County Council Highways and Travel News)
- Rail service disruptions (National Rail)
- Dave Throup Twitter (Environment Agency manager for Herefordshire and Worcestershire)
If you have any specific concerns or questions about the conditions on campus, you can reach Security on 01905 855 000.