As you may be aware, the levels of the River Severn are increasing and are due to peak later this afternoon (Monday 28 October).
The University’s Moors car park is currently open, but the adjacent City car parks at the Racecourse and Croft Road have been closed due to flooding.
We are monitoring the situation very closely, but anyone who is currently parked at the Moors may wish to consider moving their cars until the current risk of flooding has passed. If conditions worsen, we will keep staff and students updated through the following channels:
- Posts on our official social media channels, including Facebook and Twitter
- Posts on the firstpoint blog
You can also find useful information on the following websites:
- Flood warnings (Environment Agency: Flood warnings)
- Rail service disruptions (National Rail)
- Dave Throup Twitter (Environment Agency manager for Herefordshire and Worcestershire)
We would like to remind everyone that there is additional parking at the Severn Campus. The flood pumps on the Hylton Road side of the river are already in use.
The Estates and Facilities Department