We are delighted to report that Phase Two of the Peirson redevelopment will open on Monday 12 November, making the following facilities available:
- 396 study spaces (including 42 silent study spaces)
- 212 student access PCs
- A new suite with 40 student access iMacs
- Two new flexible teaching spaces (each with capacity for 20 students)
These facilities add to the Phase One development, which included:
- The ICT help desk
- Print and copy facilities
- 6 individual study rooms
- 2 Group study areas with large screens
- 1 meeting room (capacity 12 people)
- Wi-Fi access
- Media equipment loans
From Monday, students and staff should use the new entrance to the Peirson building, which is located opposite main reception. The former entrance, opposite to the conference centre, will become the out of hours access point for the building. 24/7 access will be confirmed shortly.
Colleagues are reminded that building work is continuing in the rest of the building. Whilst disruption will be kept to a minimum there may be some noise disturbance.
Phase Three will incorporate the Firstpoint Student Advice Desk, facilities for 1-1 advisory sessions with staff in Student and Registry Services, and a resource centre for students on careers, Earn as you Learn and learner development. Phase 3 will be fully operational in January.