The annual Hereford and Worcester UCAS Higher Education Convention will be held at the University on Thursday 24th March. Attendance is expected to be high, with over 4000 students on campus throughout the day.
To accommodate such an important recruitment event during teaching time, it is necessary to introduce a few traffic and parking restrictions:
- The Severn Gate will be closed on Thursday 24th March. Staff and students are asked to use the Malvern Gate or, preferably, park at the nearby Coppertops pub. Coppertops is less than a 10 minute walk from St John’s campus and will be connected by a frequent minibus service between 8am and 10am and again between 3pm and 5pm.
- Parking will also be available at the Riverside building.
- The main long stay car park (M) will be closed on the evening of the 23rd and all day on the 24th.
- The small car park (G) between the Binyon building and the Sports centre will be closed all day on the 23rd and 24th.
- The Charles Darwin car park (N) will also be closed on the 23rd and 24th.
- Car Park (R), opposite the Astroturf, will be closed all day on the 24th.
Certain areas of the Campus will be very busy on the 24th, with increased noise levels between 9.30am and 3pm. The main event venues will be the Sports Centre, Gym, Dance Studio, Urwin & Yelland lecture theatres, the smaller 1.57 and 1.61 lecture theatres and Henwick Court. The area outside the Education block and the corridor between the Dance Studio and the Quad will also be busy.
Thank you to all staff and students for your understanding and support. This event is an invaluable opportunity for local students to find out more about higher education, as well as allowing us to showcase the University and its facilities.