firstpoint’s five points about official University documents…

Every Monday, firstpoint publishes five points about a topic related to life at university. This week, how to access official University documents and letters…

You may find during your time at University of Worcester that you need to confirm your status as a current student.  This may be for a sponsor, a landlord or to open a student bank account.  In these circumstances, you may find it useful accessing your student status (or bank) letter on your SOLE page. 

Once you’ve logged into SOLE, simply go to the ‘Living’ tab at the top of the page.  Here you can find a link to the ‘Bank/Student Status Letter’.  It can be printed as a generic letter, or addressed to a specific bank (you will see the available options on the dropdown list).  Once you have printed the document, you can bring it in to firstpoint where we can add the University’s official stamp for you.

The letter will show your full name, date of birth, name of your course, whether you are studying full or part time and your start and expected end date.  If any of this information is showing incorrectly, please contact firstpoint. 

The letter will also show your term-time and home addresses; if these are not accurate, you can edit this information under the ‘Personal Details’ tab on your SOLE page.  firstpoint are unable to change your addresses or telephone number and it is your responsibility to ensure these details are kept up to date throughout your studies. 


If you are a full-time student, you do not have to pay Council Tax.

For Council Tax purposes, you will count as a full-time student if you are on a course which:

lasts at least one academic year; and (b) involves at least 21 hours of study, classes or work experience per week during term time. This means that some students (e.g. those studying a module as part of a summer school) may not be eligible for exemption from Council Tax. 

If you are eligible, you can print your ‘Council Tax Exemption Certificate’ from your SOLE page; you can find it under the ‘Living’ tab.  If you would like us to add the University’s official stamp, you can bring the document in to the firstpoint counter.  You will then need to supply this document to the Council, to apply for your exemption. 

Households where everyone’s a full-time student do not have to pay Council Tax.  It is useful to know that if you are living with someone who is not a student, they may be able to apply for a discount on their household bill.  Further information regarding council tax discounts can be found on the government website.


Your official transcript (which lists all the grades you have achieved and the modules you have taken), along with your official degree certificate, will be available to you after your Graduation ceremony (usually held in the November following the completion of your course).

If you need a copy of this information before your official documents are available, you can request it online by logging in to the Registry Services (Student Records) on-line shop.

All documents will be sent in a hard-backed envelope by recorded delivery free of charge within the UK. If you require your documents to be sent overseas please select the overseas delivery charge during the checkout process.

If you have any queries about your order or the available document(s) please contact


Once your award has been agreed by the Board of Examiners, you will be able to print your own award confirmation letter from your SOLE page. This contains all the information that potential employers will need to see regarding the award and degree classification you have achieved.

On your SOLE page, go to the ‘Assessments’ tab and you will find a link to your Award Confirmation letter.  If you require a University of Worcester stamp added to this document, simply bring a printed copy in to firstpoint, along with your student ID card. 

We can help you work out the date your subject Exam Boards are due to meet if needed, so please contact us here at firstpoint if you need any guidance. 


There may be times when you need a customised letter for a specific situation or purpose, or a form completing to verify your student status.  These can be completed by the Student Records department and you can request them directly by emailing  You must email from your official University email address and clearly state the information you need.  Please be aware there may be a charge for this service.